Follow These Safety Tips if you Are Faced with a Water Damage Concern; Then Call the Experts at SERVPRO of Marlton/Morningside!
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety. Electrical and “slip and fall” hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns. Water & electricity do not mix! Wires that come into contact with standing water should be immediately replaced by a professional.
After any water damage emergency, your primary focus should be safety first:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Be sure to:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
When your Marlton/Morningside home has water damage from flooding or leaks, we have the expertise and equipment to properly restore your property. The water removal and water cleanup process is completed by our highly-trained technicians who will document the drying process. This validates that your property has been dried properly and thoroughly.